Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pro-Choice

I was supposed to be the apple of his eye. I was supposed to fall asleep in his arms. I was supposed to bounce on his knee. But that just never happened.

I know nothing of this man. The one who inadvertently gave me life. The one who started it all. And he knows absolutely nothing of me.

If you know anything about me, a huge part of my driving nature is to always seek the truth. I have the curiosity of a cat, and though sometimes it has caused me pain, it has yet to kill me. I am a journalist and a truth seeker and liars are the bane of my existence.

The biggest decision I have ever made in my life is to not follow one of my strongest instincts, to not satiate my curiosity. The relationship that my mother and I have, though troubled and sometimes awful, is also wonderful and special. And no one can take that from us. Not even me. Her decision brought me here, and my decision will keep me with her.

1 comment:

eclecticdialectic said...

"liars are the bane of my existence"

muhuhahaha