Friday, April 3, 2009

My Dream House

My house. Is a very, very, very fine house. It doesn’t have much in common with most of the houses you see in the movies. Although, the one from Twilight is pretty awesome. The only thing my house has in common is that it is settled in somewhere that’s green. Though the rest of her house is pretty gaudy, Audrey got that part right.

My house is not a monster. It doesn’t have marble countertops and stained glass ceilings. It isn’t a picture of decadence. It is energy efficient and nestled in the middle of a lush forest that is just far enough off the beaten path, but still allows me access to the fast pace of a nearby city. I’m thinking California.

I have no particular plan as far as shape, size, or layout go. I just know that I have to have the following amenities:

-a very large theater room
-a garden tub and a magic shower; but, like the biggest garden tub ever built, in front of a bay window so that I can watch the sun rise from it
-plenty of guest bedrooms for when my friends come to visit
-a giant library, most definitely with those large, rolling ladders (I totally stole this from you JBee)
-a reading room that is more like an open-air garden; if it is nice outside, I want to be able to open the ceiling-if not I still want to be able to read surrounded by plants and nature
-a huge playroom for my cat and an even bigger playroom for my dogs
-a gym
-enormous, enormous closets
-a huge kitchen-but no marble countertops

OK, so maybe it’s bordering a but on monsterdom, but hey-it’s my dreamhouse-why skimp?

3 comments:

sk said...

This one made me laugh. You know, you could probably fit in the elements of your dream home into almost any house, minus, say the rolling library ladders and retractable roof.

ChicagoRilke23 said...

i like your house description. i can def. roll w/those ideas.

i've noticed many have chosen eco friendly homes and homes w/libraries :) woo hoo for books!

i too would want an area for my cat and dog...

monkeyrind said...

what about tunnels?