Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1, 2009

Setting my intention...

The last time we did 30dow, my writing intention focused on making money. I still hope to do that now and in the future, but I realize that it can't be my sole pursuit.

So, my intention this time is to actually follow through with the point of this project and write every single day. I learned during SXSW that writing is not something that I have to do begrudgingly. I can get things written on a deadline, I can write them well, and I can enjoy them. So that is what I am going to do. I am going to see this as an opportunity and something fun to do. I am also going to get all of the topic posts written and posted ahead of time so that I don't let down the group and so that I don't end up resenting my duties.

Wish me luck!

(p.s. i tried to go to sleep after the internets ate my last attempt at this post, but damnit I had to get up and get it in!!)

4 comments:

ChicagoRilke23 said...

good luck! :)

computers can be mean sometimes... then again i know we can fight back. i intentionally/accidentally, flung a box set of dvd's at my laptop...

uhm, yeah, now my "q" and "F6" keys do not want to stay put...

guess i showed that computer?!

Dani Dudek said...

I wish you luck, my friend.

And I wish you a good night's sleep.

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

As Cormac McCarthy said, "I never had any doubts about my abilities. I knew I could write. I just had to figure out how to eat while doing this."

We will figure it out. This will help. Again, I want to thank you for kicking me in the ass and starting this group. Without you, I would still be in the idea phase instead of the action phase. You're my favorite hustler.

tipsy texter said...

haha. i have to make a "hustler" shirt! and thanks-without your positive feedback, i don't know that i would continue doing this :)