Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Single Mom

Fuck. That fucking sound. It’s really that time again? I swear I just did this a day ago. Ooh, it looks like the puppies didn’t notice it this time. I’m going for another 15.

Then it comes again. This time, the puppies fucking notice. This time, I am not only assaulted by the screeching, honking, blaring sounds shooting out of my clock radio, but I am now being molested by tiny puppy tongues and paws, eagerly attempting to excavate the holes in my face. I manage to make it out with no scratches to my cheeks this morning.

I make my way out of bed to survey the damage from the night. Only one pile of poo? Awesome. And most of it made it onto the newspaper. Even better. I grab the girls’ water bowl and fill it up halfway. I place it on the floor as they look at it with disdain. Their little pug butts start shaking as they see me go for the yellow bag that they love so much. Penelope lets me know I need to hurry the fuck up by barking and growling at me. Yeah, cuz that’s going to help. I place the bowls of food on the ground, and watch them do their dance-half a second at one bowl, then a half circle around to the other as they suck them dry. Now it’s Ginger’s turn and I make my way to the garage to fill her bowl.

After dropping her food off, I head to my room to pick out my outfit and brush my teeth. I listen to the weather from News 8 to make sure my clothing choice was correct, and as I stand there, mid-stroke, foamy white stuff dribbling down my chin, the girls all come galloping into my room to let me know it’s time to go out. I walk them to the back door as they dart past me. I piddle around another few minutes, packing up my laptop, getting my lunch ready, and then come Ginger’s scratches at the door. I let her in and check on the pups, doing god-knows-what in the backyard, then head off to the shower.

Now it’s my turn to start getting ready.

2 comments:

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

i miss doggie nose on my cheek in the morning. but only a little.

Alicia said...

oh, what we go through for those licks and tail wags.