Friday, January 2, 2009

Setting my Intention

My writing intention:

Committed: This is my number one word, because it’s my number one priority. I have to find a way to invest more time and attention to my writing, both personally and professionally.

Entertaining: Well, it’s me, so obviously hilarity is going to be part of anything that I do. I hope to also be moving, provocative, and interesting.

Natural: I told Sinclair today that I love her writing so much because it is so natural and wonderful, and I want to be able to write like that. I want to find a way for my words to flow out of me, rather than having to find a way to pull them out like a loose tooth.

Lucrative: I hope to really be able to make some things happen this year when it comes to some writing projects.

Awesome

1 comment:

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

your compliment meant so much to me, I will think of it every time I am trying to make excuses for why I can't write today. I think it's interesting that we all chose several of the same concepts to focus on, although we each chose different words to describe them. And you ARE awesome in the writing way and in all other possible ways.