Monday, January 5, 2009

Never: A Letter

Note: this is totally not for anyone in particular. The two men in my life who did me the worst have since apologized as they had time as adults to reflect on their behavior. Kinda funny, huh? Anyway, the only other two people who I would write to would probably actually be reading this, so I choose to not air all of my business to everyone (or them) in this manner.


You will never again run your hand down the soft, warm skin on the small of my back. You will never again press your eager lips against mine, knowing that mine have been waiting all day for this encounter. You will never again get to smell the tiny hint of coconut and lime that floats around my hair. Never again. But that was your choice. And now you have to live with it.

4 comments:

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

yeah, this one was hard because of the potential readers. But I like this. It makes me wish I could smell your hair. And as someone who has touched the skin on your arm recently, I pretty much feel sorry for the bastards who gave up anything more that that.

tipsy texter said...

oh i do declare! i believe i may just be blushing :)

Carol said...

Fools. Both of them.
suckas be regrettin' (I know I'm white. Just appreciate the sentiment).

Salena said...

I really enjoyed this letter. I could picture myself at age 18 saying it to my then exes, back when I cared about exes.